Monday, May 23, 2011

A Needed Break and Doctor Tim

I have recently returned from two really great weekends away.

The first of which was a trip to Florida with a friend. Hunter and I met several years ago when she was living in Kansas City. (This picture was taken after I had just eaten my weight in Blueberry Granola pancakes.)



Davis was a preschooler, my girls were just babies and Hunter had no children of her own. Forward four years, she lives in North Carolina, has two beautiful children and way to much time goes by between our visits. Yet, we spent three days together shopping, talking, royal wedding watching, eating, walking, running, talking, sitting by the beach, and did I mention talking. When we get together it is strange how it is as if a day has never passed since our last visit.

Then, last weekend, Dave and I managed a really great weekend away to see my brother's graduation from Penn State University. Tim received a Doctorate in Biogeochemistry and Geosciences. (Yes, it is true, I have that typed into his contact information on my phone so that I remember.) Think, he gets the degree after five amazing years of research and studying and it is all I can do to just remember the names of the degrees.



Though the weather wasn't perfect for the whole weekend, it did clear up. And just in time for a great evening at one of Tim's friends' house in Pittsburgh,



Then again for photos before graduation (and after) at the statue of JoPat (Joe Paterno - Penn State's famous football coach)





We got a tour of Tim's lab ... where it all happened.



Spent some time in the Mineral Sciences museum in the building Tim worked in.



And then finished up with a great walking tour around Penn State before we headed back to Kansas.

No comments:

Post a Comment