Thursday, June 16, 2011

Boys will be Boys



I spent some time in a car this week with six 10-year old boys. One was my son, the others, friends of my son. Being 10, I was not ready to send my son away to a week of basketball camp at KU. I decided day camp was still the best option. I am thinking next year we will make the transition.

Things I learned this week...

1. Boys think farting, talking about farting and smelling farts is funny. I do not.

2. Ten-year old boys like rap music. I became the coolest mom when I informed them Run DMC was around when I was in high-school. But quickly lost my status when they saw I had the Zac Brown Band album loaded on my iPhone.

3. I am convinced noise canceling head phones were invented for mother's driving six ten-year old boys to basketball camp.

4. A box of Chips Ahoy, box of Vanilla Wafers, Twizzlers, Peanut M&Ms and a bag of Fritos are no match for six boys who just spent 12 hours playing basketball.

But, for all I learned, I am sure they learned much more. And I don't think I want to know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment