Saturday, September 4, 2010

The Truth...


The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth.

I want my kids to be honest. I want them to grow up believing that honesty is the best policy and no lie (whether a little white lie or a big whopper) is acceptable.

That being said, I have to admit - I recently lied. I had to go get my driver's license renewed. So this week I drove over to the DMV to renew my license. By the way, just because I know the DMV gets such a bad wrap, there was no line and the gentleman that helped me was very nice. When it came time for me to answer the questions about height and weight, he asked, "Height, 5'3"? "Yes," I replied. "Weight 105?" "Yes," I replied.

Okay, I don't weigh 105 anymore. Not sure I weighed 105 five years ago when I had the last licensed renewed. Not that I am far from that - but I probably should have been honest. Anyway, I feel better now. Dad, if you are reading this, quit making yourself an inch taller every time you renew!

No comments:

Post a Comment