Friday, October 8, 2010

CLEAN: Day 1


In case you were wondering...there really isn't ever going to be the perfect time to start a 21-day cleanse. I picked a Friday in which I knew I would be attending a sit down charity event with a meal - not ideal. But this is definitely something you need to schedule on your calendar, just as you would a vacation. I have my 21-days squeezed in between my trip to California last week and our annual family trip to Colorado over fall break at the kids' school. Part of the reasoning for the timing is because I look forward to this Colorado trip so much that it makes the three weeks between now and then seem so attainable. We will see.

Ready to Start: Set your intention

Take a few moments to ponder and set your intention. Do you "have" to do it, or do you "want" to do it? A strong desire guided by the righty intention will get you started powerful. It is very important that you set the right frame of mind and they way to think about the program you are about to start. If you think about this program as something you have to do for your health it will not be as powerful as thinking about it as something you want to do. We always make time for what we want.

Envision a different you: Visualize where you want to be. What you want to look like. How it would benefit you socially, financially, spiritually and emotionally to live in a state of vibrant energy and mental clarity?
Make a Clean log: Record your intentions, well-being, eating habits. It is important to note the changes in appearance, body functions, energy levels, mood and outlook.
Take a photo of yourself. Memory is tricky. (Hence the photo above)
Establish your support system: Dave is on board (not an active participator) but as someone who is going to help with preparing meals for the kids and just being generally supportive. If anyone out there wants to join me for all or part of this ... let me know. From the few weeks I spent before I started this, I am certain that even one week on this would be worth it.

Day One:
8 am: Blueberry, Carob and Almond Milk Smoothie
11 am: Apple
Noon: Roast Chicken with Balsamic Vinegar, Garlic and Rosemary Wild Rice Pilaf
3 pm: Almonds, Blueberries and Raspberries
6:30 pm:Apple and Butternut Squash Soup

Exercise: Pilates and Jump Rope

No comments:

Post a Comment