Monday, October 25, 2010

CLEAN: Week Two



Green Smoothie Mustache - Hey Spinach growers out there - here is your new ad campaign!



One of my lunches - it is making me hungry just looking at it!

Wow! I am actually already on Day 18 - and I have yet to update Week Two. So here it is...

This is what I was to expect in Week Two:

Bad Dreams: "It's not unusual to have bad dreams at night or bad moods by day. What is getting dislodged and eliminated is not just the toxicity caused by chemicals but also the quantum toxins of stress and anxiety." Let's just say Dave was worried - mostly about the bad moods. But I haven't had either. So I guess that is good. I have just really felt a sense of calm and balance this week.

Headaches: This could have been a problem - but none for me. But remember, I spend two to three weeks before I actually began the "Cleanse" adapting my eating to fit the plan without actually existing on smoothies, juices and soups.

Energy Surges: "You're starting to feel the surge of extra energy that has been liberated by reducing your food intake. It may take a little while for your body to know what to do with this extra energy. In the meantime, put it to good work. Go for a walk or run, even in the middle of night. Get some house cleaning done and reorganize your closets. Read a book or write those letters you should have written months ago." I can say I have definitely experienced this. I have not been up all night every night - but there were a few nights in there that I found myself up at 4 a.m. busy cleaning out my desk and my drawers in my closet. Stuff I needed to do. What I tried to, because I know myself and know I need sleep, was to just lay in bed and meditate. Worked well.

Weight Loss: "You may find that you lose weight during the first ten days but then get stuck." Wow, how true. I lost four pounds the first week, then remained at that for Days 8 - 15. And since I am beyond Day 15 now, I can say that I have lost an additional three pounds and I am not trying. I have increased my portion size in the morning and evening and added some additional snacks. I think this is just my body realizing this new lifestyle and changing what it needs.

So...my thoughts. I love this. That doesn't mean I want to continue this for the rest of my life. But I am very excited to continue my journey into Week Three. In fact, I am almost wishing this were a four-week cleanse. I plan to finish up Week Three and then continue eating the allowed foods from the Elimination Diet portion of Dr. Junger's program for the next few days after that. I am going to be in Colorado for a vacation with my family, so I am sure there will be a few moments of indulgence, but I really need to monitor how my body handles things. For almost three weeks, I have had no sugar, red meat, carbohydrates, dairy, eggs, wheat, or any gluten product. 100% of the foods I have been eating are fresh - with the exception of grilled chicken and salmon. We shall see where this goes. I have had a lot of people ask if this is something they should do. I say, why not? My body no longer aches, I feel better, I feel refreshed and almost never tired. There is nothing to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment