Friday, April 1, 2011

Mash ... the Banana Mash


I am always on the lookout for really tasty and healthy breakfast options. It is my favorite meal of the day, and though I sometimes wish I could eat a half dozen hot cinnamon rolls, that is not usually in the cards. Today I tried something called banana mash. On cold mornings I find myself searching for something warm to eat. I try to eat gluten-free (read mostly fresh vegetables and fruits) most of time, so oatmeal is not always a good choice. Unless I cover it in honey and other goodies. So this worked for me.

It is banana mash and served warm, it is delightful.

1 banana sliced
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all three ingredients in a saucepan and cook over medium low for ten minutes. Remove from heat. Mash like potatoes. Yum! Really you should try it. I think even Dave would eat this with little granola on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment