Wednesday, September 21, 2011

20 Days

Has it really been 20 days since I posted? I was just thinking, "I really need to update the blog." Had no idea it had been 20 days.

So, what has been up? Not much. I had a birthday. I had a visit with a great friend. I started my fall 21-day cleanse (I am on day 10 - and feeling great). Other than that. Just a lot of spelling words and science projects.

I will say that part of my absence can be explained by this cleanse, I tend to navigate to food blogs late in the evening, so I have been trying to stay away from my home computer except to check e-mail, etc. The temptation is often way more than I can deal with - see here!

During this cleanse, I have really been trying to focus on some more "spiritual" (not religious) issues. What I am calling, "focus." It has been good and I have enjoyed getting up each day and reading these which come from the book "Crazy Sexy Diet." The author, Kris Carr, faced with a cancer diagnosis several years ago, changed her life and diagnosis through clean eating and has a great book all about it - now everything in the book needs to be taken to heart and then adapted to meet your needs, etc. I can not eat Vegan as she does and I don't agree with everything, but there is a section in the back about a 21-day cleanse. Her cleanse is a little different from the Cleanse I do, but her daily tips are fun. I really enjoyed today's, so I am sharing it here.

Today's "focus" was to:

Make a love list - ten things you absolutely love. This simple act reminds us that life if full of blessings. It's amazing how many beautiful things we notice when we train our eyes.

Here is mine (and I make no excuses for how vain and shallow it may seem - this is not a forever list - just a today list) - not in order of importance.

1. Some great new fall skinny corduroys I just got with a birthday gift card



2. Wallpaper for my powder room



3. Fall mornings

4. This guy (and his sisters - not pictured)



5. Honeycrisp Apples - they are back!

6. My bed

7. That Dave empties the dishwasher in the morning

8. Vitamix - I could not do this cleanse without it.



9. Colorado - yes the whole state.

10. Jump ropes


What do you love? Make your list. It can change daily and probably does.

No comments:

Post a Comment