Friday, September 2, 2011

School Thoughts



Last night was back to school night at St. Michael's. A night I usually dread. And last night, I was especially dreading it because I was going solo as Dave was working in San Francisco (his company's offices are based in San Fran). I am easily overwhelmed by the number of people and the amount of effort that seemingly goes into the dress code for this rather uneventful night.

The night begins with an introduction from Father Porter and Mr. C (the principal), then the parents break up and spend about 20 minutes in the classrooms of each child.

The teachers introduce themselves, talk about the upcoming year and hand out a few papers with schedules, etc. In the packet of information that I received from Eden's teacher there was a great quote.

"I promise you every day your children will learn something. Some days they'll bring it home in their hands. Some days they'll bring it home in their heads. And some days they'll bring it home in their hears." Valerie Welk

Thank you Mrs. Elston - you made the whole night worthwhile for me.

Have a great long weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment