Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Chick Pea Salad...

because my kids think it has a funny name.

I love summer cooking, because of grilling. But, lately, it has been too hot for me to fire up that grill and go outside. So we have been cooking inside. Tonight I wanted a quick, no cook side dish that we could eat with some roasted chicken. This was good and pretty easy. I would highly recommend trying cilantro in place of the parsley - unless you love parsley.

Davis ate all his portion, Clara choked down a bite and Eden (my picky eater) spat it out back onto her plate. I loved it and I especially love that I have leftovers to mix with some chicken tomorrow for a Chick Pea Chicken Salad. Try this.



2 cans of chick peas, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup kalamata olives, diced
1/3 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1/2 roasted red and yellow peppers (I grilled mine with a little olive oil)
Green onion, diced, you decide amount
Olive oil
Juice from a lemon
Salt and pepper to taste
Chopped parsley (you may want to try cilantro)

Combine all the ingredients. Toss and serve. Also, I guessed on the above amounts - I went back later and added more peppers and tomatoes - but you decide.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment