Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Dear God, (a back to school prayer)


it is me, JoEllen. Thank you for school. I am officially checking out of parent duties starting tomorrow at 8:15 a.m. and not checking back in until 3:30 p.m.

I love my kids and am thankful for every last bit of them, but my patience for household messes, fighting over a five square foot chair when we have been blessed with a 4,000 square foot house and picking up flip-flops, has run its course.

Thank you for Davis, my firstborn, he will always hold a special place in my heart, but lately his know-it-allness (I know that is not a word) is driving me and everyone else nuts. Please, God, challenge him at school this year so that he realizes on his own that he, in fact, does not know it all.

Thank you for Eden, my middle child (she is 30 seconds older than Clara). Help her to realize that crazy, whiny baby talk will get you know where - especially in first grade. Help her realize that girlie girl crap is just that, crap! And give her the strength to not get caught up in it all.

Thank you for Clara, my baby. She and I have a special bond I can not explain, even though she is more like her dad than she is me. I love this child like you can never imagine. Find a way to catch her attention and provide her with the ability to focus on ... something!

God love them. I do. I just need a break.

Amen.

(Tomorrow - our new school year goals. Yes, I made them, as much as goal-setting is hard for me, I did it.)

1 comment:

  1. Come on. Clara is exactly like you. And the know-it-allness does not go away (i.e. Jeffrey). We miss you all more than you will know. I love those kids almost as much as I love my own. I love you more than you love me!

    ReplyDelete