Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am ready!


Okay, all summer long, and especially for the last few weeks, I have been saying, and I believed it, that I wasn't ready for my kids to go back to school. I am going to be losing my twin daughters to kindergarten and that scares me. They are only five and they are my babies. That said...

Today, I decided I was ready. Is that bad? Does it make me a terrible, selfish parent? It isn't like my children are over demanding or bad. In fact, generally, they are extremely well-behaved. We have one more week. Unlike many schools in our area who started today, we are starting next Wednesday. I have to admit I was a little jealous watching all the moms and dads in our neighborhood walking their kids to school today. I have one more week, will we make it? Only if...

1. Eden stops the ridiculous whining she has become accustomed to the last few weeks. I know, she is the sensitive one, and I try to be sensitive to that, but does that mean it is okay for her to break down into complete tears because her mean mother made her go back inside and put shoes on to ride her bike? Wow!

2. Clara can accept the fact that watching Disney channel downstairs and a DVD in our room is not something any one person can actually do at one time. And no, I will not put two TVs next to each other! I must be the worst mother ever.

3. Davis acknowledges that the summer of 2010 can probably be renamed in our books as the "Summer of Davis" and take 45 minutes out of his day to sit and wait for his sisters to get haircuts, and, no, you can't bring your DS. Read a book. Which we did. He only complained twice. But the worst was the trip to grocery store after the haircuts. I have never heard a child say, "I am bored" so many times. What I wanted to say, but didn't, was, something along the lines of how riveting grocery shopping is for me. Oh well.

I'm ready...I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment