Friday, August 27, 2010

Really?


I can complete our grocery shopping all year, December - August, knowing that the Brachs' Candy Corn is in the candy aisle and easily avoid it. But, as soon as the Halloween aisle appears (way earlier than it should) filled with Candy Corn it takes every ounce of will power I have to avoid buying a bag. It is crazy.

Last night, my girls and I had to grab snacks for Lucky Day at school, and there it was, the Halloween aisle. Of course, I had to walk down the aisle, mistake number one, but I really couldn't avoid it. Of course, I threw a bag in my cart. We went up to checkout (as you may remember, I gave up sugar for the month of August) and I was ready to buy it - throw caution to the wind - I was going to eat it on my way home, stomache ache and all. Fortunately, the Don't Eat Sugar the Month of August Gods were looking out for me and as I was paying I realized I had removed my Discover card from my wallet earlier in the day (that is the only form of payment I carry) and left it at home. So, I left my cart at customer service, went home, dropped of Eden and Clara, returned to the store and in the mean time had convinced myself not to get the Candy Corn. Thank God. September does not look good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment