Monday, August 30, 2010

Power Outage


Yesterday, around 3:30 in the afternoon, we were busy, making cookies, entertaining a friend of Davis', cleaning, playing Candyland, when the power went out. Everything, A/C, washing machine, oven (not good for cookies), lights, etc., not a big deal, really. However, I learned something about my kids yesterday. About 5 minutes into our power outage they start complaining about how hot it is in our house. Really, I keep the thermostat in the house at about 77 degrees. I am pretty sure that 5 minutes after the power went out, it was still 77 degrees. But man, there was a rush to the sink, we need water, cold water, it is so hot - WOW!

I am thinking we need to turn the A/C off every once in a while, pretend it is not working. Save power, energy and help my kids see that a little discomfort every once in a while is not so bad...in fact, may be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment